For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. It includes: your name, home contact information, telephone number, email address, facsimile number and financial information. “Non-identifiable information” means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
Collection of Your Information
Green City collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through registration forms, questionnaires, promotions and transaction documents both online and in person, by telephone enquires and email. Sometimes we may obtain information about you from other sources including your financial institution, credit reporting agencies, your agent(s), accountant or business advisor.
How Green City Uses Your Information
Green City collects and uses personal information for the following:
- in order to provide Green City’s services and products.
- customer identification and verification.
- administrative management, to collect and process payments, evaluate credit standing, fulfill contractual obligations and audit our business operations.
- for mailings such as newsletters and announcements relating to our company.
- to establish and manage customer relationships.
- to contact and communicate with customers and other individuals for the purpose of conducting market research and evaluating customer service and satisfaction.
- to meet legal requirements.
We will not collect personal information arbitrarily and we will not sell, trade or provide your personal information to any third party to allow them to market their products or services.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Green City will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When Green City has received your consent to do so.
- When the law permits or requires such disclosure.
- To our agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service customers. These third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose.
Retention of Personal Information and Security
Your personal information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Green City located at our offices or at the offices of our service providers in Canada. Green City has implemented reasonable physical, organizational and security measures to safeguard the personal information in our custody or control. These include safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We operate secure data networks protected by firewall and password protected systems.
Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. Green City does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
Accuracy of Personal Information
It is important that your personal information be accurate and up to date. During our relationship, we ask that you provide us with any changes to your personal information and contact us to update the personal information we maintain on your behalf.
Access to Your Personal Information and Complaints
You may request to view your personal information or to file a complaint concerning the collection, use or disclosure of personal information by writing to our Privacy Officer, whose address and email are provided below. Please note that under certain circumstances, you may not be permitted access, for where the disclosure of your records would cause security, legal or confidentiality concerns.